To serve as a Participating Agency of the NJRCFL, an organization must first enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the FBI. The MOU serves as the legal basis for operating an RCFL through a joint agreement that defines the commitment of personnel, forensic training and certification, and facilities, and clearly articulates operational doctrine for the RCFL and the services to provided to New Jersey law enforcement departments and intelligence agencies. The MOU vests administrative control of the NJRCFL with the Local Executive Board. The day-to-day operations of the RCFL are vested in the Director to maintain the balance of services to federal/state/local government agencies.
The New Jersey RCFL is currently working with their perspective Participating Agencies to finalize their MOU agreements.
The NJRCFL's Participating Agencies include:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- The New Jersey Attorney General's Office
- New Jersey State Police
- New Jersey Division of Criminal Justice
- Essex County Prosecutor's Office
- Somerset County Prosecutor's Office
- Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office
- Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office